Dr. David Dines is a world-renowned shoulder surgeon who is a former President of the American Shoulder and Elbow Society and has been honored as one of the Best Doctors in America and in New York since 1996. He has written numerous articles and textbooks on the subject of shoulder surgery and has given hundreds of lectures nationally and internationally on the subject of shoulder surgery and sports medicine.
He is one of the foremost authorities on shoulder arthroplasty in the world. He has performed thousands of shoulder replacements, including live surgeries to teach other orthopedic surgeons in the U.S. and abroad. Dr. Dines is a developer of the Biomet Biomodular Total Shoulder System, one of the most popular systems used today.
Dr. Dines has extensive experience treating professional athletes. He is currently the Medical Director of the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP Tour) and has been the U.S. Davis Cup Tennis Team Physician since 2000. He is the Medical Director for the LI Ducks Minor League Baseball team and an orthopedic consultant for the US Open Tennis Tournament. Previously he served as the Associate Team Physician for the New York Mets Baseball Team.
Academically, David Dines is a member of the Sports Medicine Institute at HSS and is a Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at Weill Cornell Medical College. Previously he served as Chairman and Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine at Long Island Jewish Medical Center. He is very active in research, winning the Neer Award for Shoulder Research in 2004 and being nominated 3 times since.
- Shoulder Replacement
- Sports Shoulder Injuries
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
- Revision Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Reverse Shoulder Replacement
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Surgery
- Treatment of Shoulder Instability / Shoulder Dislocations
- Orthopedic Surgeon, Hospital for Special Surgery
- Professor, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Chairman-Emeritus and Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine at LIJ
- DirectorAAOS/ASES Shoulder Arthroplasty: Surgical Indications and Techniques Chicago (Rosemont OLC) Nov 21-22,’08, Course Director
- ATP Worldwide Tennis Tour for 2009-2010 (Men’s professional tennis), Medical Director
- American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons, President
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Association
- American College of Sports Medicine
Castle Connolly America’s Top Doctors, 2002-2020
Castle Connolly Top Doctors in New York Metro Area, 2002-2022
New York Magazine Top Doctors, 1996-2013, 2021, 2022
Newsday Top Doctors on Long Island, 2008-2017
US News and World Report Best Doctors 2011-2015
Voted Top Ten Graduates of All Time New Jersey College of Medicine, 2005
Neer Award for Shoulder Research, 2004
ATP Tournament Physician of the Year Award, 2001
Sir John Charnley Medal Winner for Achievement in Total Shoulder Technology, 1996