The knee is the most common part of the body that is prone to injuries. No matter your activity level, knee injuries can very easily disrupt daily life, limiting your ability to go to work or maintain an active lifestyle. Knee injuries are prevalent if you are an athlete. Determining the underlying cause of the pain by overuse of the knee, a sudden injury, or an underlying condition of the knee, such as arthritis. If you are experiencing pain, swelling, or stiffness in your knee, it is crucial to develop an appropriate treatment course. This is why it is important to consult with a professional to receive a proper diagnosis and subsequent proper treatment and therapy. At Dines Orthopedics, our Orthopedic Doctor Garden City can offer you the trusted knowledge and expertise to get you back in good health and help you feel better.
What Causes Knee Pain?
The knee is a joint that is made up of various ligaments, muscles, tendons, and cartilage, all of which can be injured in some way and cause a lot of pain. Problems such as runner’s knee, tendonitis, dislocations, arthritis, sprained ligaments, excess use of the knee, and several other factors can cause knee pain, and a knee injury must be properly treated. If you are experiencing any knee pain or discomfort, our Orthopedic Doctor Garden City can provide you with the right treatment you need to get your knee back to its full function.
How Can I Avoid a Knee Injury?
The knee is in charge of holding up our entire body together, and it can take a toll on us because of all of their responsibilities to keep us moving. It is important to know some tips that you can follow to help prevent knee pain and injuries.
Tips to Avoid Knee Pain:
- Maintain Healthy Weight: Excess weight can put stress on the joints in your knee, which can lead to severe knee injuries, chronic knee pain, or even conditions such as osteoarthritis.
- Be Active: Any type of physical activity can help prevent knee discomfort or pain.
- Rest and Compress Your Knee: Being active is important, but it is also essential to make sure you also take a break from any intense activity. Using protection such as knee guards during activities can help avoid any injuries.
- Elevate Your Knee: Posture is important, and slouching and bending a certain way can lead to an injury or chronic pain due to pressure on your knees. Simply elevating your knee when sitting or lying down can help minimize swelling and pressure in your knees.
- Pay Attention to any Pain/Discomfort: Don’t ignore any pain or discomfort you may feel in your knees. Any injury left untreated can flare up and hurt you.
- Stretching Exercises: Before doing any physical activity, stretching exercises can help loosen the muscles and help minimize pressure on the knees. Whether it’s for athletic training or simply just for recreation, stretching is highly recommended.
For more information on what could be causing your knee pain and tips, you can follow to help manage your knee pain, click here. Don’t battle your knee pain alone. If you are dealing with any knee injuries, book an appointment with Dines Orthopedics today to start your healing process.
Dines Orthopedics – Orthopedic Doctor Garden City
Being active is one of the best things you can do for your body. With being active, comes injuries that usually involve the knees. An injury to the knee can be very disruptive to the activities of daily living. Whether it be related to work or leisurely recreational activities that you enjoy, and if you are an athlete, it can prevent you from participating again. It’s crucial to address the issues giving you pain so that they can be appropriately diagnosed, treated, and managed early on. The earlier that a diagnosis and treatment plan is set in place, the more likely effective steps can be taken to alleviate your discomfort, get you back to your healthy self, and move you again. If in need of a trusted, reputable Orthopedic Doctor Garden City, contact Dines Orthopedics today to receive knee treatment.